Sometimes, the best way to make a difference is to do things differently. Join Esri and TechCrunch as we call on developers around the world to imagine new approaches to our most pressing global challenges, from the climate crisis and fossil fuels to COVID-19 and social inequity. It’s time to bring your innovative ideas and our best technologies together in support of a more sustainable future.
All participants will have free access to ArcGIS Platform, a comprehensive suite of developer tools from Esri, to build their projects. Winners will be announced at TechCrunch's Disrupt 2021 conference on September 23.
Learn more about ArcGIS Platform.
- Complete your project submission form here on DevPost.
- A link to the project source code, such as a GitHub repository.
- Presentation video recorded and uploaded to a video sharing site, such as YouTube or Vimeo
- Your final project submission can be no less than 3 minutes and no longer than 5 minutes in length
- present the idea, how it applies to a sustainable future, why it is important, how it addresses your intended audience
- include an overview of how you built your solution including what tech was used
- include a demo of the working app
- include your video with your project submission on DevPost
$18,500 in prizes
$10,000. Plus, first place earns team passes to TechCrunch Disrupt 2021, where you’ll present your app in front of over 10,000 influencers from around the world—as well as a featured user presentation and complimentary team attendance at the 2022 Esri Developer Summit.
$6,000. Plus, second place earns team passes to TechCrunch Disrupt 2021.
$2,500. Plus, third place earns team passes to TechCrunch Disrupt 2021.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Founder | GeoCam
Principal | Atomic Maps
CTO - Developer Technology | Esri
Spatial Analysis Lead | Esri
ArcGIS Product Manager | Esri
UX/UI Lead | Esri
President and CEO | Airspace Link
Marketing Specialist for Corporate Science Communications | Esri
Use of ArcGIS Platform Technology
Excellent: Use of content, APIs, and analytical tools | Good: Content and APIs | Fair: APIs or web maps | Poor: Only contains content
Excellent: Serves a strong compelling use case | Good: Serves a decently compelling use case | Fair: Serves a use case | Poor: Little business value
Excellent: Very thorough and engaging | Good: Very nice overview with some details | Fair: Some details | Poor: No details in the presentation
Excellent: Can be used regularly by the intended audience | Good: Can be used often | Fair: Can be used sometimes | Poor: Not very useful
Level of Innovation
Excellent: Super innovative | Good: Innovative | Fair: Somewhat innovative | Poor: A tired, overused idea